Monday, February 4, 2013

Driana: Scorpio Moon Goddess


“[He] Exceeded my expectations, justified my dreams/ Doubts and inhibitions torn from their seams/ Gave my life to you, now I live, no regret/ Cast myself in[to] the sea, caught a star in my net/ Never knew my dream, could go this far/ Fell from a cloud, landed on a star” - "Starlight"




Underground warrior—Driana is ¾ African American and ¼ Apache Indian who was born in Little Rock, Arkansas and now resides in Memphis, Tennessee where she hopes to spread her wings in the music industry.

Underground emcee/singer Driana has been spitting verses for three years and she is an artist that stays true to herself within her music and has a variety of inspirations in the music industry including Rapper and American Idol judge Nicki Minaj and hip hop veterans Jay-Z and Eminem.

Driana states, “Eminem's Marshall Matters LP, Jay-Z's American Gangster album, and Nicki Minaj's Beam Me Up Scottie showed me I could have a voice in the genre”.

This future hip hop mogul uses her craft in a similar setting as the artists that have inspired her by getting personal with her fans. Because of how personal her lyrics are she does not like the taste of criticism, but is a champion that can take anything that comes her way.

She states, “I hate criticism about my lyrics because I'm so personally invested in every word. Every word is true. But I put on my big girl panties and take my criticism like a woman”.

This future superstar uses her voice to let the world get a sneak peek of her life and to tell her story relating all of her lyrics to true events that occur in her life.

“I want to take people on the emotional roller coaster that is my life. I want to show them what I see,” she says.

Not only does Driana stand out through her lyrics, but she also experiments with different melodies and doesn’t adapt to a particular type of sound exploring different types of genres that help her extend her fan base.

Driana says, “I don't create according to genre. I try to let my guard down and give what I've got inside of me. If people feel it, cool. If they don't, it's for me anyway.”

This underground queen offers music something that is different than the average musician and she tells a different story than what people are used to hearing. She’s a passionate rapper that takes her listeners on a journey through her feelings and her journey of becoming a woman.

“I have a different story that I'm telling. I'm not trying to portray any image. I just do music for myself, music that is a snap shot of my emotions at that moment. Sometimes, I get ratchet. Sometimes, I'm emotional and vulnerable, “ says Driana.

This success driven artist doesn’t mind having to get her hands dirty to reach her goals in life and hopes to one day get a record deal and touch millions with her music and to grab the industry by its reigns and take the world by storm.


No comments:

Post a Comment