Sunday, April 1, 2012

YR_Killem Undergrounds Finest



Deron “YR_Killem” Williams is an eighteen year-old rapper straight out of  Chi Town that has been spitting on the mic since he was 12 years old and knew that music was his calling.

His father got him started in rapping when he was a youngin when he wrote a rap for him.

“I started rapping because of my dad he wrote me a rap and then he said my voice sounded good so I started writing my self. He was teaching me how to rap since I was little.

He taught me all I know now if it wasn’t for him I wouldn’t be doing this or even be as good as I am,” says Killem.

The dream to become a rapper first started with Killem’s father because it was a dream of his. He then passed it down to his son to carry the torch of making it as an entertainer.

He states, “My dad deserve to be famous he deserve to be heard but he never got the chance so he passed it all down to me. So when you hear me flow you hear my dad.”

So, far the young aspiring rapper has recorded covers of songs like Drake’s song Motto and 100 by Wale. He also has spit over a few instrumentals like the song Biggest Fan produced by Johnny Juliano.

Not only is YR_Killem trying to pursue a solo career, but he his also trying to make his rap group’s name known, Flight Gang. Lately, the crew has been grinding in the studio producing music to produce on YouTube. The song Money Hoe which was also produced by Juliano features his group member Lui_Kang, and another emcee named Kimoni.

The young emcee wants 2012 to be his year and he wants his career in the music business to be a success story.

“My goal is to be number on and to at least hit the charts. I also want to do a song with Ludacris,” says Killem.

Atlanta rapper Ludacris is on of YR’s biggest influences when it comes to doing music and if he could pick anyone to discover and sign him that is who he would choose.

“My rap influences would have to be Ludacris that’s my number one, Kanye West, Big Sean, and last I would have to go with Drake. If I could have someone mentor me it would be Ludacris definitely, “says YR.

He stays true to himself through his rhymes and his name proves it. He states, “Well the YR stand for Young Reality because I’m putting out there that this is me as in this is how I act on the mic and off and Killem I added it because I feel that I can kill the music game. I’m good at what i do so when I say Killem it means I’m up for any challenge.”

Killem is aware of his competition and isn’t afraid. He continues to grind to make it to the top and to live the dream that both him and his pops have.

Killem gives his last thoughts, “To all my competition I say good luck to you because if I got to compete I’m going to give it my all.”

Here's the link to his youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/YRkillem?feature=watch
follow him on twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/YR_Killem
-->

No comments:

Post a Comment